Dog Behavior and Training Books
For those interested, the following is a list of books that
I've have found helpful. As
you read these always keep in mind that there is no one way - no magic bullet
- to training dogs. Each of these books
has useful information, but no one book has all the right answers for your
dog. Read each one, taking from it the
information that is useful to your dog/family relationship.
General Care Guides
- ASPCA Complete guide to dogs Sheldon L. Gerstenfeld, V.M.D.
- HSUS Complete Guide to Dog Care Marion Lane and HSUS Staff
- ChildProofing Your Dog Brian Kilcommons and Sarah Wilson
- The Doctors Book of Home Remedies for Dogs and Cats Prevention Magazine
- Dog Owners Home Veterinary Handbook Delbert G. Carlson, D.V.M. and James M.
- First Aid for Dogs - An Owners Veterinary Guide Andrew Gardiner
- BEFORE you get your puppy Dr. Ian Dunbar
- AFTER you get your puppy Dr. Ian Dunbar
- Positive Puppy Training Works Joel Walton, CPDT
- Labrador Retrievers for Dummies Joel Walton
- How to Teach a New Dog Old Tricks Dr. Ian Dunbar
- Manners for the Modern Dog Gwen Bohnenkamp
- HELP! My Dog has an Attitude Gwen Bohnenkamp
- Mine! A Guide to Resource Guarding in Dogs Jean Donaldson
- Feisty Fido Help for the Leash Aggressive Dog Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.
and Karen B. London, Ph.D.
- The Cautious Canine How to Help Dogs Conquer Their Fears Patricia B.
- Ill be Home Soon! How to Prevent and Treat Separation Anxiety Patricia B.
- How to be the Leader of the Pack
.and have Your Dog Love You For It! Patricia
B. McConnell, Ph.D.
- Feeling Outnumbered? How to Manage and Enjoy Your Multi-Dog Household Karen B.
London and Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.
Books on the Dog/Human relationship
- The Culture Clash A revolutionary new way of understanding the relationship
between humans and domestic dogs Jean Donaldson
- Bones Would Rain from the Sky Deepening our relationship with Dogs Suzanne
Copyright © 2002-2005 Canine Trainers LLC,
Questions or comments?
Last modified: 5 Nov 2005